• Does Ocean Mist Guesthouse serve breakfast?
In 2019, after serving breakfasts for many years, Ocean Mist Guesthouse modified it’s business model and no longer serves breakfast; offering guests a flexible and more private stay. With the convenience of in-room kitchenettes and dining tables, dining-in is made easy.
Coffee, Tea, Cream, Sweeteners, Jam, Peanut Butter & Butter, Instant Oatmeal are available upon request.
• Are both guestrooms on the same level?
Both rooms are on the same floor and share a common hallway:
The Blue Heron Room is a ground level southeast-facing guestroom (rear of house) that opens to the backyard garden area.
The Uncle John Room is a second-story northwest-facing guestroom, located curbside, that overlooks a forested residence with small views of the harbour waters and inland mountains.
• Are there stairs leading to the private suite entrance?
Yes, there are two sets of outside stairs. The first set has 4 steps and the second set has 8 steps.
• What type of clothing should I bring?
Anytime of year it is advisable to bring rain gear/wind breakers and layering of clothing is a good idea. For walking trails, sturdy footwear with good tread is ideal. Shorts and t-shirts are a good choice for summer with warmer clothing for evenings.
• How can I plan around highway delays between Port Alberni and Ucluelet during the Kennedy Hill Upgrades between April 2018 and Spring 2021?
Please use the link below to monitor traffic advisories during construction.
Between April 2018 and Spring 2021
Highway 4 - Kennedy Hill Upgrades will mean delays between Port Alberni and Ucluelet. Single lane traffic and long night-time stoppage windows will be necessary.
Improvements to Vancouver Island's Highway 4, the only route to Ucluelet, Tofino and Pacific Rim National Park, will take place along a 1.5 kilometer stretch of highway adjacent to Kennedy Lake, approximately 14km northeast of the Ucluelet/Tofino Hwy 4 junction. (From ‘The Junction’ approximately 8 km to Ucluelet and 34 km to Tofino).
• What is it like driving to Ucluelet in the winter?
Winter tires are required October 1 - March 31.
Check Drive BC for details and current road conditions.
BC Winter Driving - Winter Tires and Chains Routes
• How do you pronounce Ucluelet?
• What does the name Ucluelet mean?
Ucluelet means ‘people of the safe harbour’ in the indigenous Nuu-chah-nulth (Nootka) language.
• Where is Pacific Rim National Park – Long Beach Unit situated?
Pacific Rim National Park –Long Beach Unit is situated between the coastal towns of Ucluelet and Tofino, with Ucluelet located at the south end and Tofino at the north end of the park.
• Is there accommodation within the park boundaries of Pacific Rim National Park - Long Beach Unit?
The only place for visitors to legally stay overnight in the park is Green Point Campground. There is no other accommodation available within the park.